(Updated August 2013)
We at Tokyo Apartments Ltd. seek to make every effort to appropriately handle and protect your personal information in compliance with the local laws and regulations of Japan.
Maintaining your Privacy
There may be circumstances in which we need to transfer personal information outside Japan. If we do so, we strive to ensure that any organisation to which the information is transferred will be subject to binding privacy obligations.
What personal information do we collect and why?
In order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer you, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
* Information, such as your name, email and other contact details (including information that you provide by filling in forms on the web site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the web site, including registering or logging into our website via your social networking site (“SNS”) account and any information provided by that SNS to enable you to register or log into our website and use the requested service from time to time. We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the web site.
* If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
* We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
* Details of transactions you carry out through the web site.
* Details of your visits to the web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access. If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have requested.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information in the following ways:
1. To ensure that content from the web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. To provide a better service to you.
3. To provide you with service information, products or services that you request from us.
4. We may use personal information held about you to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you. If we do use your personal information in these ways, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
5. To conclude contracts for real estate purchases/sales, exchanges, leases, lease brokerage services, or consulting services, and to provide information, services, or housing plans.
6. To engage in business activities in accordance with the Real Estate Specific Joint Enterprise Law
7. To manage and operate assets.
8. To provide consulting on investment business and loan business; to provide consulting to find houses for foreigners in Japan.
9. To provide personal information to third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the preceding purposes.
10. To engage in business operations and marketing activities (including questionnaire surveys) by mail, telephone, and Email in order to provide the preceding goods, information, and services etc. to analyze customer trends and survey and analyze product development.
11. To contact our customers where appropriate.
* If requested by the client, we will refrain from provision of our information/services.
Who do we provide information to?
We will not disclose or provide personal information on our customers to any third parties except in the following cases:
1. Following consent from the client.
2. Without identifying the client individually.
3. When disclosure is required by laws or regulations and necessary to cooperate with government institutions or local government organizations or individuals entrusted by these institutions or organizations to perform duties required by laws and regulations, and the undertaking of such duties may be impeded by seeking consent from the customer.
4. If disclosure is necessary to protect life, safety or property of an individual.
5. The Designated Real Estate Distribution Organizations when we serve as brokers.
* Third parties to which we anticipate providing personal information when we sell or purchase, broker a lease arrangement, or manage real estate.
Accuracy and Access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you can contact us to have the information corrected.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us directly.
The New Otani Garden Court 12F, Kioicho 4-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo +81(0)3-6805-1562